muwed - music web database
Copyright (C) 2001-2004 by Andreas S. Krebs
- What is muwed?
Muwed is a PostgreSQL based database for managing collections of mp3 or other music files, a few perl scripts to fill
the database and a PHP web front end to access the database and controll the
irmp3 player (a mp3 player daemon that is normally controlled via a infra red remote control - and now also via muwed's web front end).
- Why did I write muwed?
Because no other database with web frontend I know of had irmp3 support ;-).
- What platforms are supported by muwed?
I developed muwed on my Fedora Core 2 linux box, but it'll probably run on any linux or unix system
with the required components installed (see README for details). If you manage to run muwed on a system and want it to be listed here send me a mail and I'll add it.
- Do you still want to know more about muwed?
Well here is the README file.
Here is also muwed's HISTORY file.
- Do you want to try muwed yourself?
Go ahead and download muwed-0.26.tar.gz. The best of all it's distributed under the GNU
General Public License (GPL) and is therefore absolutly free :-). For more details see the GNU General Public License.
- What versions of muwed are available?
- What is new in muwed 0.26?
- support for imp3d-v0.5.7pre2
- support for negative play lists patch to irmp3d (patch included in tar ball)
- What is new in muwed 0.25?
- playlist creation support (query the database and use results to create playlist)
- playlist managing (find and play stored playlists)
- switched to phphtmllib for creating HTML
- extended irmp3 support - more controls and better integration
- performance improvements accessing the database
- What is new in muwed 0.12?
- ID3v2 with APIC frame support (see image in screenshot - it's extracted on the fly from the mp3 file).
- New look & feel - see for yourself.
- Support for composer and track number fields.
- Added managment and information web interface.
- New improved irmp3 web player (requires a patched version of irmp3 0.4.3-pre6).
- Update and ID3v2 support in add2muwed.pl script.
- Do you have any comments on muwed?
Feel free to send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.